We are The Boston Beer Company. We brew the best beer. We hire the best people.
We are always eager to find competitive, motivated, hardworking people who love beer and want to join our team. We work hard and we play hard. Think you have what it takes?
We are currently hiring for our next General Manager – Tap Rooms in Cincinnati, OH.
The General Manager (GM) is responsible for leading and driving the growth of the Samuel Adams Tap Room in Cincinnati and acting as the “face” of the brand and main point of contact for local partnerships, organizations and nearby neighbors. In addition to overseeing all day to day operations of the Taproom, The GM will promote the brand through direct customer and community appeal with Tap Room retail activities, tours, and events. They will define the culture, lead the journey and help set the tone for Samuel Adams to be a great community partner and a fun/interactive brewery tour destination.
The GM is responsible for all aspects of Tap Room operations and the keeper of everything to do with delivering the highest levels of customer delight and top operational performance at all times. Responsibilities will also include coordinating with the sales and brewing teams, representing the brand to the local community, and creating a cultural community center that promotes the Samuel Adams Brand in all aspects (beer, people and community interaction). The GM will develop, integrate and lead the Tap Room team in drafting their Annual Business Plans and objectives, consistent with the Samuel Adams Brand Strategy, and accomplishing all of the above. The GM is responsible for delivering the annual business plan (as agreed upon) and closely monitoring expenses and overhead (and related revenue streams) for the brewery social hall and the brewery as a whole to achieve budgetary performance in alignment with the budget and market conditions.
What You'll Do:
Public House Management:
- Develop and maintain the organizational culture in alignment with the Sam Adams brand and corporate standards
- Oversee and ensure team compliance with all operational standards while fostering a climate of constant improvement
- Help make Samuel Adams part of the local community by building relationships with local organizations including (but not limited to):
- Business relationships with development organizations.
- Arts organizations and local artists themselves
- Non-Profits within the overall agreed upon directions.
- Use the facility to help develop these relationships by promoting their causes at the brewery
- Strategic planning and execution of creative design and advertising for the Tap Room and tour programs to grow the brand, increase sales and profits.
- Evaluate new consumer communication and branding opportunities for the brewery/tour and retail center for their uniqueness, ROI and support of the overall brand strategy.
- Oversee and ensure compliance with relevant regulatory agencies, legal and code compliance, communications, and filings.
- Oversee management of the Operating Tap Room/Tour Center including brewpub and retail operations
- Oversee coordination and communication between all Tap Room functions including admin, brewery and retail operations (in working to engage marketing and sales teams)
- Oversee coordination of all of the above functions with the Brewing team for effective planning and execution, communication and coordination.
- Plan (forecast) and manage an annual budget, P&L, monthly detail for all teams and functions above.
- Responsible for taproom IT and retail systems such as Kronos and POS / MICROS.
- Responsible for creation and execution of successful Tap Room programming to achieve annual business plans (and management of relative budgets)
- Work with the Brand Team and Head Brewer to understand and execute brewery annual business plan
- Organization of brewery and warehouse space (working with brewing ops team)
- Work with brewing team to engage them in Tap Room events (beer dinners, VIP tours, etc)
- Work with the head brewer to ensure a wide variety of innovative and interesting, high-quality beers are always available
People and Team Management/Development:
- Identifying, recruiting, motivating and retaining top-quality staff at all time
- Direct Management of key staff (Assistant Managers/Leads, security, programming lead)
- A spokesperson for the Tap Room when and if needed
- Developing high potential employees towards career growth and fostering a climate of promotion from within and across the entire Sam Adams/Boston Beer organization.
- Training, developing and critiquing individuals and teams and ensuring all progressive discipline and HR policies are complied with
- Facilitate strong communication throughout the organization resulting in operational efficiencies and cohesive culture.
- Oversee execution of standard operating procedures, innovating and improving at all times to drive excellence.
- Instilling culture, commitment, and enthusiasm for high levels of performance.
- Working cooperatively with others across the organization.
- Develop and execute a process of continuous improvement within the context of annual business planning.
- Set tone, culture and model behavior for staff.
- Ensure the highest levels of food and beverage safety practices are maintained at all time
- Ensuring full compliance with all alcohol regulations with a specific focus on responsible serving
- Responsible for the understanding of brewery and Taproom safety practice and opportunities for improvement
- Responsible for development and execution of facility CAPEX proposals/plans related to the Tap Room Space (not brewery)