To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
- Diploma/Certificate in Brewing/Fermentation Science or related field from an accredited institution, or a combination of professional education and two years of professional brewing experience is required.
- Two years professional experience in the areas of Brewing, Cellar, and Filtration is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Comprehensive understanding of raw materials handling, brewhouse operations, cellar management, and filtration procedures
- Understanding of COP, CIP, sanitation and sterilization techniques
- Understanding of specific beer process terminologies
- The skill to quickly assess the status of operations and troubleshoot processes strongly desired
- A demonstrated ability to work with automated processes interface, as well as manual brewery operations is strongly desired
- A demonstrated ability to multitask while maintaining a strong attention to detail is essential
- A demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in a cross-functional, cross-departmental team environment
- A demonstrated ability to work unsupervised and make critical decisions
- Ability to accurately follow SOPs
- Strong work ethic and high level of professionalism
- Occasional travel opportunities will be available for training and/or event participation. Not required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work near moving mechanical parts; outdoor weather conditions; extreme cold (non-weather); extreme heat (non-weather) and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment will often require hearing protection.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must be able to lift up to 55 pounds without assistance, and push/maneuver up to 80 pounds of force at least 100 feet with up to 2% grade. Must employ proper body mechanics and ergonomics for lifting and maneuvering. Must be able to work in confined spaces and fit into a vessel with 20-inch opening. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment background check
- Work schedule requires the ability to rotate through three shifts (early, swing, and night shifts), including weekends and holidays
- You must be 21 years old to work for Sierra Nevada
** This position will remain open until filled; online applications will be reviewed weekly **
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer